Sunday, November 09, 2003

NaNoWriMo update.

Well, I'm behind. I'm at 8000 words and I should be at 15,000. But I'm not going to lower expectations just yet. I have a couple of days off coming, and I think there is still juice there.

Writing under pressure like this is interesting. I would so rather be proofreading and rereading, but there just isn't any time. Of course, that's what the game is all about, to do the production.

Characters have started taking on lives of their own. One character just switched her name. Bing. Like that. I had thought I had the name wrong, but when I just typed a passage that she starred in she came out with the new name. No thought. Same way another character is worming his way into the plot more. In the beginning he was just a minor transitional character. Now he wants to be a pivotal dude. These rascals. 'Course, it does make my work easier.

Good luck to all who are participating and bryn . . . thanks for the encouragement!